I used a lovely polyester (I think...) crepe which I had in my stash, purchased in the summer while on a trip to Walthamstow with Amy from SewAmySew . I used it previously as a lining in my By Hand London Victoria Blazer:
The dress is a simple shift with bust and waist darts for shaping, and a simple neck tie which threads through a little loop to create a bow:
The fabric is pretty lightweight, and a bit see-through on its own, so I lined it with a pink poly lining fabric:
This dress went together quickly and fits pretty well. The only thing that bothers me is the facing, which insists on curling out now and then, despite under stitching - you can see this happening a little in the picture above. But this is a minor thing - I'll probably just put a couple of tacks in to stop it happening.
I've been calling this my 'Bewitched Dress' because it has that groovy housewife vibe, like something Elizabeth Montgomery would have worn in the 1960's series:
|Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha in 'Bewitched'|
They are my new favourite shoes - I want to wear them with everything!
And so there's the first of my Vintage Pattern pledges done - that was easy! See you soon!