15th September -
I bought a meter of yellow lining from Dalston Mill Fabrics (that's when I found the label above). Went straight home and cut out all the pattern pieces.
18th September -
Get loads done! I sew the darts in the bodice and skirt, then the side and back seams of the skirt, using my favourite French seams, so it's all neat and tidy inside. I also sew the shoulder and side seams of the bodice, using the same technique.
21st September -
Making great progress - I really want to wear this dress by the next weekend. I sew the sleeves together, complete the hems on the sleeves, and attach them to the bodice. I also attach the bodice to the skirt.
23rd September -
I put the zip in by hand, then pin the facing to the neck.
|Sewing zip in by hand|